Wagner Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter with Internal EMC Calculator and Temperature RH Sensor Kit
The Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter Kit is the all-in-one solution for busy professionals desiring superior accuracy and multi-tool functionality.
The Orion 950 features an on-board Equilibrium Moisture Content (EMC) calculator, Bluetooth connectivity to free smart device apps, built-in temperature/RH sensor, and more.
Your smart device will detect any Wagner Meters wireless device that features Bluetooth connectivity such as the Smart Logger or Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter, and perform the pairing procedure automatically. There is nothing you need to do, the devices do the work for you.
The Orion® 950 Smart Moisture Meter Kit includes:
- Orion 950 Wood Moisture Meter with Built-in Temperature/RH Sensor
- Paired On-Demand Calibrator
- Rubber Protective Boot
- Foam-lined ABS Plastic Carrying Case
- 9V Battery
- Species Settings Booklet
- Instruction Manual
- Common Flooring Materials Settings Reference Card
The Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter Kit features the Orion 950, carrying the Wagner tradition of superior accuracy forward with all of the features of the 910, 920, 930, and 940 meters and adding more. A flexible rubber boot makes the 950 durable enough to withstand your toughest jobs.
The Orion 950 joins the rest of the Orion line of meters in being the first in the industry to provide true in-the-field calibration capability with the included On-Demand Calibrator. Calibrate your Orion 950 at your location in about 30 seconds whenever you want.
The Orion line of wood moisture meters continues Wagner’s 50-plus year tradition of providing accurate, dependable non-damaging pinless moisture measurement technology, measuring IN the wood not just ON the wood, and backed by Wagner’s industry-leading 7-year warranty.
Bluetooth® App Enabled
The Orion 950 interacts through Bluetooth technology with free mobile apps for your Android or Apple smart device. The app is available on either Google Play or iTunes. You can receive and record data, set specifications for separate jobs, and much more!
To send readings data from the Orion 950 to the FloorSmart™ or Woodshop MC app on your smart device, follow these steps:
- Ensure that Bluetooth has been enabled on your smart device. The Orion 950 will automatically pair with your smart device when the power is on and the two devices are within Bluetooth range.
- Ensure that the DATA mode on the 950 is ON. Consult your Orion 950 manual for instructions.
- Open the FloorSmart or Woodshop MC app and enter a new job description or choose a current job to edit.
- Press the “Record” tab at the bottom left to access the “Record Readings” screen.
- Press the “Record” button at the top right to enable the app to record data from the Orion 950.
- Scan the target area with the Orion 950 and press the “ON/HOLD” button when you want to send a reading to the FloorSmart or Woodshop MC app.
Temperature and Humidity Sensor
Get the ambient temperature and relative humidity (RH) measurements of any room the Orion 950 is in with its built-in sensor. It’s like having an ambient conditions data logger and a moisture meter all in one!
Dew Point Calculations
The Orion 950 will calculate the dew point of the environment for you. Utilizing the built-in temperature and humidity sensor, the Orion 950 will calculate and display the current dew point whenever and wherever you need.
Equilibrium Moisture Content
The Orion 950 will also calculate if a wood specimen is at the critical threshold where it has reached its equilibrium with the environment and will no longer gain or lose moisture. The equilibrium moisture content (EMC) will tell you when your wood floor or wood projects are ready for installation or fabrication.
Grains Per Pound/Kilogram Mode
Grains per pound/kilogram (GPP/GPK) is a more precise measurement to know the exact weight of water vapor that is in the surrounding air. The Orion 950 will calculate and display instantly the grains per pound/kilogram, also known as the specific humidity of the air, compared to relative humidity.